- Stick Slam Sweden, April 2014
- Berlin International Live Looping Festival, Aug 2 2013
- Blekinge Jazz and World Music Camp, June 2013
- Oct 2 2012, London: Per Boysen plays at Tuesday's Post
- July 8 2012: Erdem Helvacıoğlu and Per Boysen Duo plays at North Sea Jazz 2012. Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- June 16-21: Blekinge Jazz and World Music Camp.
- May 24:Solo Stick concert at a corporate event in Stockholm.
- May: New album release, B2B post production media music.
- Jan 7 2012: Octaphonic surround concert in Instanbul with Erdem Helvacıoğlu and Per Boysen duo.
- Behold the “Stick Street” CD album!
- Producing octaphonic surround concerts
- London concert, October 2012
- Lovely Harp Guitar!
- Playing at North Sea Jazz 2012 and more
- Sub City 2064 – The Concert Trailer
- Live Stick video Y2KX+1 Festival, CA, USA
- Live video from Présences Electronique 2011
- Dates, late spring 2011
- Concerts, early spring 2011
- Unexpected – improvisational live album released!
- Guitar Player Magazine: Editor’s Top Three CDs
- I love my Stick!
- CDM covers one of my electronic instrument designs!
- First reviews of Sub City 2064
- Sub City 2064 by Erdem Helvacıoğlu & Per Boysen
- Improvisation is not free!
- The Chapman Stick totally rocks!!!
- How to sync plugins to Mobius looper in Bidule
- Florence Live Looping jam # 1+2+3
- Logic seminars Gothenburg-Stockholm-Malmö
- Florence Concert – listen here!
- Video clip from my Rome concert
- Sounds and pictures from Blekinge Jazz & World Music 2009
- “First Meeting” trio concert downloads
NanetoraCheck out the album Nanetora by Per Boysen & Costas Andreou at www.stockholm-athens.com
Get articles by email!
Author Archives: Per Boysen
The physical “Stick Street” CDs just arrived from the pressing plant. I’m mostly selling them hand to hand when out street busking, but in case someone wants a CD for his/her colledtions it can be ordered from:
http://perboysen.bandcamp.com/album/stick-street (packages posted from Stockholm, Sweden)
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/perboysen5 (packages posted from Portland, OR, USA).
Digital Download sales available at the normal online web shop sites.
I’d like to share my recent experiences from performing live with surround sound. The system dealt with is the diamond shaped surround field of eight full-range speakers. I will go into planning, preparation and stage setup strategies. The general approach is to create the most exciting live performance experience for the audience.[......]
Someone filmed at this concert and a few video clips are posted at http://www.youtube.com/perboysen
Just a quick video upload testing out my new Tim Donahue signature Electric Fretless Harp Guitar. I think it plays like a dream… in fact I have been dreaming for decades about certain aspects of what this instrument has to offer. Tim designed it and has been playing this and the fretted version since the eighties and just recently initiating manufacturing of his harp guitars. You’ll find more on that at http://www.timdonahue.com/
Erdem Helvacıoğlu and Per Boysen performs Sub City 2064 live in eight channel surround audio. [......]
A rough clip from my Oct 16 2011 concert at Santa Cruz International Live Looping Festival. Starting out with a basic sound-check I kept on improvising to make up a 9:00 minutes piece of music. SG12 Stick Guitar with Roland GR55 synth and my home-built “meta instrument” of interactive electronics. [......]
Erdem HELVACIOGLU + Per BOYSEN Présences… by inagrm
This gig was performed in octophonics. At the soundcheck we were told they
actually had set up two circles of eight speakers system. One big
circle with the big speakers surrounding the audience and one inner circle… or
should I rather call it “inner exploding core”? We decided to use
both. I had re-routed my laptop outputs for octaphonic treatments and
Erdem used his rack devices through a borrowed stage mixer to address
the surround system. On stage we had a stereo mix of all eight
surround channels, so the monitoring sound were rather flat.
If you click the source link there are more videos of many other artists. Among them many of my own favorites, like for example Biosphère and Supersilent. [......]
June 19-23 Blekinge Jazz & World Music Camp
As I’m writing there is still room for a few more students.
May 21-22 Fuzz Guitar Show