ConcertsDec 11 2014 @ Alicante, Spain.
Oct 10-26 2014 @ USA West Coast, touring a dozen festivals.
July 2 @ Vilunda kyrka.
12 PM, 30 min.
July 9 @ Tyresö kyrka.
19 PM 60 min.
"Between folk music and space music".
- Stick Slam Sweden, April 2014 - POSTPONED
- Berlin International Live Looping Festival, Aug 2 2013
- Blekinge Jazz and World Music Camp, June 2013
- Oct 2 2012, London: Per Boysen plays at Tuesday's Post
- July 8 2012: Erdem Helvacıoğlu and Per Boysen Duo plays at North Sea Jazz 2012. Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- June 16-21: Blekinge Jazz and World Music Camp.
- May 24:Solo Stick concert at a corporate event in Stockholm.
- May: New album release, B2B post production media music.
- Jan 7 2012: Octaphonic surround concert in Instanbul with Erdem Helvacıoğlu and Per Boysen duo.
- Concert in Alicante, Spain, dec 11 2014
- Per Boysen USA tour in October 2014
- New CD: Beyond the Beyond and Further Beyond…
- June 6: Make Musik Sthlm
- Henry the Seal – live version video
- Art film soundtrack: Tenor Sax live looping
- Soundtrack to Architecture
- Behold the “Stick Street” CD album!
- Producing octaphonic surround concerts
- London concert, October 2012
- Lovely Harp Guitar!
- Playing at North Sea Jazz 2012 and more
- Sub City 2064 – The Concert Trailer
- Live Stick video Y2KX+1 Festival, CA, USA
- Live video from Présences Electronique 2011
- Dates, late spring 2011
- Concerts, early spring 2011
- Unexpected – improvisational live album released!
- Guitar Player Magazine: Editor’s Top Three CDs
- I love my Stick!
- CDM covers one of my electronic instrument designs!
- First reviews of Sub City 2064
- Sub City 2064 by Erdem Helvacıoğlu & Per Boysen
- Improvisation is not free!
- The Chapman Stick totally rocks!!!
NanetoraCheck out the album Nanetora by Per Boysen & Costas Andreou at www.stockholm-athens.com
Get articles by email!
Below are the dates and venues of my October 2014 US west coast tour. This project would not be possible without the great help from Rick Walker, Gene Perry, the Free Hands Academy, Peterson Entertainment and the Swedish Arts Grants Committee. Thank you!
Oct 10, Seattle, WA: North West Loop Fest
Instrumental music by Per Boysen for electric string instruments in orchestration.
Big thanks to Emmett Chapman and Tim Donahue for inventing and building magical music instruments! On this solo album I’m playing the 12-stringed Chapman Stick Guitar on most pieces, quite a lot NS 5-stringed Cello[……]
The streets of Stockholm Södermalm (the southern city island, “SoFo”) will be cooking by outdoors live music on friday, june 6. Myself I’ll be doing three gigs at the following locat[……]
Performed by Per Boysen on twelve-stringed Stick Guitar and Fractal Audio AxeFx II. This is a free-form scuba live version, the main album version is different.
Here’s a nice film that uses music I created by playing my Tenor Sax and Mobius looper; i.e. my “meta instrument for live looping”. This approach to live looping is different than the typical “Boss looping pedal layering” technique in that i[……]
Swedish architecture bureau ORIGO arkitekter is using a specifically remixed track from my Stick Street album to enhance this corporate video presentation.
The instrument I recorded this music with is a Chapman Stick SG-12. More on that at http://stick.com/
The physical “Stick Street” CDs just arrived from the pressing plant. I’m mostly selling them hand to hand when out street busking, but in case someone wants a CD for his/her colledtions it can be ordered from:
http://perboysen.bandcamp.com/album/stick-street (packages posted from Stockholm, Sweden)
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/perboysen5 (packages posted from Portland, OR, USA).
Digital Download sales available at the normal online web shop sites.
I’d like to share my recent experiences from performing live with surround sound. The system dealt with is the diamond shaped surround field of eight full-range speakers. I will go into planning, preparation and stage setup strategies. The general approach is to create the most exciting live performance experience for the audience.[……]